Friday, August 20, 2010

Pediatric ER Resident Versus Plastic Surgeon



I think this is absolutely hilarious and completely realistic! Like most plastic surgeons, I take ER call, which means the ER docs will call me for plastic surgery emergencies (dog bites, car crashes, etc.). I can't count how many times I've been called by the ER doc to take care of something any 3rd year medical student can do. I was once called into the ER in the middle of the night to see a patient with a "severe eyelid laceration." I lugged myself out of bed, drove 20 minutes to the ER, and found the patient lying on a gurney with a little blood on his eyelid. I proceeded to wipe it off to find absolutely no injury there.

No, it's not all boob jobs and facelifts!

Thanks for reading.

Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon

Anthony Youn, M.D.

No comments:

Entri Populer