Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Extreme Makeover and the Swan



I was excited to see the first episode of the new Extreme Makeover this past Thursday night on ABC. Unfortunately, ABC cancelled it at the last minute and instead broadcast reruns of Gray's Anatomy. Bummer. Although I am partial to E!'s Dr. 90210, I do hope ABC finds a spot on their schedule for this show. I am not as fond of the Swan, which I thought was more of a freakshow. This was filmed during the time I was practicing in Beverly Hills. At the time I heard rumors of major complications in some of the Swan's contestants, who had apparently been overoperated on. This information never made it to the show's broadcast. Although I haven't heard official word about this, I do believe that the Swan's propensity to make everyone look the same (Overarched eyebrows, long curly hair, big lips, large chest, and tiny waist) was a bit disturbing. It is important to retain some of the characteristics that make each of us unique, otherwise everyone will end up looking like Brad Pitt and Pamela Anderson (or Burt Reynolds and Joan Rivers).

No comments:

Entri Populer