Saturday, May 20, 2006

Katie Couric




Has Katie Couric had plastic surgery? From the photos that I've seen, I don't think she's had anything major done. Overall, I think she has aged fairly well, although it is difficult to really know how she looks like since the TV makeup can cover up so much.
She does appear to have had Botox injections to her forehead, resulting in nary a wrinkle up there. Interestingly, she may not have had the injections into her crow's feet, which is a very common place to have them as well. I do not think she's had a facelift or other major plastic surgery, as she does have some early looseness to her neck which is common in people her age.
Now, what SHOULD she consider having? One thing I'd consider is a gummy smile repair. A "gummy smile" is what you see when someone smiles and a significant portion of their gums show (like Lilly Tomlin). There are several treatments for this, including breaking the facial bones and setting them back (very painful), shaving the gums back to show more teeth and less gums (can result in "buck teeth"), or my favorite technique, taught to me by one of my mentors, Dr. Richard Ellenbogen. The gummy smile can be improved by making a small incision inside the nose and the cutting the muscles which pull the lip up. A small plastic implant in then placed between the muscle edges to prevent them from growing back together. It's a very slick operation with virtually no visible scars and nice results. Dr. Ellenbogen has some nice before and afters here.
By the way, I have a small gummy smile and considered having it repaired but never got around to it. Now I just avoid making big, toothy grins.

Photo credit: http://www.geocities.com/couric_fan/gallery.html

No comments:

Entri Populer